Self-motivated financial analyst or senior staff accountant offering a strong work ethic and organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. A team player skilled in customer relations and effective time management. Accurate and detail-oriented with accounting and bookkeeping experience. Versed in Revenue Cycle healthcare management, payroll, and employment tax.
Science of Healthcare Delivery is the study of systems, processes, leadership, and management to enhance patient outcomes. Health care delivery involves the combination of systems, agencies, facilities, and providers that support patients. It covers topics like environmental factors, ability to pay, treatment availability, and other factors that influence patients. The courses prioritize evaluation, analysis, and process improvement. It prepares you to design and implement systems that:
Enhance the patient experience.
Improve population health.
Optimize health care delivery.
Reduce costs associated with care.
I did my BSc in Accounting.
Working closely with Dr. Bradley Doebbeling and Allison Peckham MSW, Ph.D. on two collaborative projects regarding Public Health and Telehealth Medicine.
Working alongside the Accounts Payable specialists and manager to analyze the vendor documents and upload them into a new system using DocuPhase, ScanDox, and NAPS2 (scanning software)
Responsible for the timely and accurate reconciliation of invoices and purchase orders. Ensured vendors get paid for services and products rendered. Reviewed and processed invoices, audited credit card bills, answered vendor inquiries and reconciled vendor statements. Used QB Online to perform tasks and Helpwise as the email box for each company. Used G-Drive to track invoices and to perform reconciliations.
Performed bank reconciliations for 200+ real estate companies using Sage.
• Provides quality customer service to all 12 external (Practices) and internal customers.
• Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs, company policies, and GAAP. Performed Bank reconciliations for all practices. Brings compliance issues to the attention of Accounting management.
• Prepares various project reports for management and key stakeholders by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Develops and delivers progress reports, required and presentations. Creates graphs and analytics, maps, and presentation slides using Excel
• Answers financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Research and gather information for financial reporting using Excel
• Prepares and monitor analytical and key performance indicators.
• Perform financial forecasting, reporting and operational metrics tracking
• Analyze workflows and contribute to the team's ability to provide meaningful advice to leadership through its efforts to improve cost-effectiveness and increase operational efficiency at the departmental level.
• Develop and manage budgets and forecasts as assigned
• Perform variance and trend analyses while highlighting risks and opportunities
• Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses
• Track expenses and revenues vs. projections and analyze fluctuations
• Responsible for the month-end financial reports, including preparation and review of cash transactions.
• Prepares and provides accurate and timely monthly financial reports.
• Utilized Dynamics 365 (accounting software) to produce Jet reports for financial statements
• Maintenance of licensure, accreditation and other regulatory criteria
• Implementation of focused business development processes
•Worked closely with the Manager of the Endocrinology medical practice developing business strategies and dealing with daily operations. Healthcare experience in provider systems, health plans, payer contracting, bundled payments, risk model and/or ACOs/ CINs
•Helped design Back Office/Front Office and accounting procedures and internal controls to ensure that all business operations were following government regulations.
•Experience with health care operations and management
•Reduced time and costs and increased efficiency by introducing new accounting procedures.
•Manage month-end and year-end close processes.
•Prepare monthly financial statements and summaries as well as expense and cash forecasting.
•Analyze claims-related data and prepare journal entries to record revenue, receivables, and allowance reserves. Made operational recommendations based on analysis of complex financial data.
•Perform trend and variance analysis to identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities. Investigate, analyze, coordinate and track customer issues and problems.
•Create and analyze reports and make recommendations to management based on findings.
•Assisted with all aspects of closing the medical practice including notification letters to patients, insurance companies, and government agencies.
•Participate in teams for process improvement, cost reduction, and issue resolution.
•Developed and establishes policies, procedures, and objectives. Ensures their adequate execution, compliance, and updates. Analyzed financial data, performed risk assessments and requirements analysis.
•Within the scope of authority, oversaw the development of systems (both manual and automated) to properly support practice-wide activities based upon business needs.
•Oversaw the preparation and maintenance of management reports necessary to carry out functions of the practice. Prepares periodic reports as necessary or required.
•Performed A/R functions (using Medisoft V20) including updating patient accounts and information on a daily basis and communicating with patients and insurance companies. Maintain timely posting of payments and cash reconciliation daily. Ensuring payment history has been reviewed for accuracy. Ensure daily/weekly and monthly productivity goals are met
•Efficiently managed patient complaints in respect of billing and collections.
•Planned and effectively-structured the office workflow and staffing. Provided support of regulatory information support and acts as a knowledge resource for the revenue cycle. Identified, problem-solved, and troubleshoot emerging compliance, coding, and billing regulatory risks. May include monitoring and reviewing emerging payer regulatory documents and evaluates, notify, and educates the revenue cycle of the changes and how they affect.
•Provided issue/resolution related to denial management
•Managed all aspects of Patient Access including preregistration, insurance verification, POS collections, financials, and final registration ensuring timely processing and patient flow.
•Provide timely, accurate, and insightful reporting and analysis on monthly and quarterly results against budget, plan, forecasts, and prior year.
•Investigate, analyze, and help develop solutions to address variances to plan.
•Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information using QuickBooks.
•Assist in the preparation of the financial reporting package for both internal and external purposes in accordance with GAAP. Perform variance analysis regarding significant changes in account balances.
•Preparation of various monthly/quarterly/semi-annual financial reports for senior management.
•Monitors activity of various accounts (including variance analyses) and advise decision-makers on appropriate course of action
•Maintained payroll records and prepared quarterly federal, state, and unemployment tax reports.
New? Sign-up for an account.