Careers that Change Lives
In this exciting role as a Sr. Reliability Engineer you will have responsibility to plan, lead, execute, and integrate reliability methods and procedures to drive product safety, complaint reduction, reliability, and quality. The Sr. Reliability Engineer is the reliability leader within the R&D organization striving to improve product and component reliability in current products and in future products or product changes.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS: This Medtronic Operating Unit sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
Lung Health: We aspire to transform lung cancer from a deadly disease, to a managed condition where patients have what matters most: quality time. We know that a unified approach will get us there because we can go Further, Together.
Engineers create our market-leading portfolio of innovations. Combine the best of your experience with training and mentorship to move forward. If you want a challenging, energizing, rewarding career that changes lives, join us. Help us bring the next generation of life-changing medical technology to patients worldwide.
You can grow your career with us; we hope you’ll consider joining our team!
A Day in the Life
As a technical leader within Lung Health’s New Product Development team you will play a key role improving reliability and quality of complex electro-mechanical and software systems, working with globally distributed teams in order to transform lung cancer from a deadly disease to a managed condition.
• Participates in establishing and reviewing specifications/requirements for components, products, and processes
• Analyzes complex issues considering reliability statistics and clinical impact
• Develops, coordinates, and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs
• Prepares, reviews, and approves Design Verification/Validation Plans and Reports. Provide technical support and issue resolution for issues during testing.
• Represents the organization as a technical contact for reliability
• Recommends and implements design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability
• Collaborates across hardware and software to identify software usage patterns and develop use cases for software and reliability testing
• Completes risk analysis studies of new design and processes
• Partners with the Post Market Vigilance team in monitoring failures experienced in the field and incorporate those failure modes in ongoing design and testing efforts
• Compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes
• Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards
• Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering programs to achieve company, customer, and governmental agency reliability objectives
• May develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks
• As necessary, proposes changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability
• May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing, and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data
• Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of new Engineering experience OR advanced 2+ years of experience
Nice to Have
• Experience with Reliasoft, Minitab or JMP software platforms
• Experience with statistical analysis (Monte Carlo simulation, Reliability/survivability statistics, and Bayesian statistics) or reliability engineering
• Experience working in a regulated environment
• Experience with one or more of the following types of medical devices/systems:
o Reusable Capital Equipment
o Electrical leads/sensors
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
To apply, please go to jobs.medtronic.com
New? Sign-up for an account.