SUMMARY: The Associate Data Solution Architect Director establishes trust in data through hands on experience of designing and architecting data in AWS data management platform services. This role contributes to the overall Data and Analytics strategy by ensuring quality through the elimination of business silos, and establishing standards, frameworks and processes for data flow and processing in the data lake. This individual works closely with the business to understand business data gaps and partners with data engineering to develop cross-functional alignment to implement data management solutions to serve the enterprise. The Associate Data Solution Architect Director finds solutions and architects end-to-end enterprise-wide solutions through ingestion, storage, processing, and publishing layer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Architect and design data management solutions across the enterprise using AWS cloud data services like technologies Lambda, Glue, Step Functions, API Gateway, and Athena
• Partner with cross functional teams to understand use cases and gather requirements to design, architect and build framework of data management solutions
• Participate and assist in the definition, publish and communication of AWS data platform standards, frameworks, principles, and roadmap
• Partner with vendors, MSPs, engineering teams to ensure seamless end-end flow of quality data
• Ensure architecture across the ecosystem is secure, compliant, efficient, and scalable
• Establish priorities aligned with the business, Digital Transformation and Data & Analytics goals
• Understand the data flow from source to target systems
• Understand the technology landscape of transactional systems, data management and master data layer, to analytics and consuming applications
• Assess the needs of product/engineering releases with respect to business objectives, security, data dependency, compliance, and timeliness of releases
• Ensure Agile delivery in a GxP environment by leveraging deep understanding of product management best practices- especially in the context of information management
• Contribute to our internal and external roadmaps for Data / Information Management
• Contribute to critical business decisions including data, data acquisitions, data retention policies and defining data life cycle policies
• Leverage insights and feedback from business partners, prospects and internal partners and make/communicate the necessary tradeoffs to build an excellent offering
• Identify risks and drive continuous improvements in data management through technological innovation, operational improvement, and championing adoption
• Maintain in-depth industry knowledge.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline and ten years of related experience; or,
• MS/MBA degree in related discipline and eight years of related experience; or,
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of eight years with direct experience in analytics and/or data management and engineering, or the equivalent combination of experience and education/training.
• Experience is required in managing a DevOps team in the areas of Release Management
• Experience in Biotech/Pharma is preferred
• Understanding of purchased data domains across functions in biotechnology, life sciences and pharmaceuticals
• Requires deep understanding of data management, data engineering, and associated technologies
Familiarity with a range of AWS products and services across the cloud data platform
• Demonstrated ability to participate with business in launching technologies to support drug launches, deliver large, complex, programs involving system and process reengineering and integration.
• Proven ability to collaborate with senior functional leaders to set vision, drive innovation and facilitate transformation to meet evolving business needs and priorities.
• Applies strong problem solving, analytical and business communication skills.
• Has extensive knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Guides the successful completion of major programs, projects and/or functions.
• Leads or manages the work of others by providing guidance to subordinates or teams based on organizational goals and company policy, with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
• Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to companywide policies and/or divisional programs.
• May establish organizational policies in a major segment of the company.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
New? Sign-up for an account.